9.12.12

33 Projects: Trees in a Jar

diy trees in a mason jar

The local Joann's store is so overwhelming the employees don't even know where anything is. For instance, finding a standard hole punch is damn near impossible. It doesn't live near the fancy Martha Stewart paper punches. Ditto for the school supply aisle.

But guess what? I found the white bottlebrush trees I was looking for. It's a Christmas miracle!

Yes, this is another one of my super original projects. But, like all of them, I managed to tweak them and find lazy workarounds that you might be interested in.

At first I thought about adding glitter and "snow" to the jars, and hot-gluing the trees to the lids so they wouldn't move. Then I came to my senses. What if I want to use these mason jars in the future? What if I just didn't want to plug in my hot glue gun?

I opened the jar, balanced the tree and gently screwed the jar back on. Two weeks, and I can honestly report that they look great and there was no reason to hot glue in the first place. As for the glitter/snow, eh. I don't miss it.

diy trees in a mason jar
diy trees in a mason jar
diy trees in a mason jar
diy trees in a mason jar

They look great as-is, I think. No muss, no fuss! And still super cute.

Thirteen projects down, 20 to go.

7 comments:

  1. i totally have scented cinnamon pine comes in a bowl over here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I actually went to both Michael's and Target this weekend looking for bottlebrush trees. But no luck! I'll have to try Joann's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, the ones in my bowl aren't scented ... but the next project I'm going to share is a garland of cinnamon pine cones! They smell soooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I found them on an end display (if that helps; don't know if your Joann's is as difficult to navigate as mine!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to do this project so badly! But every time I try to find a small, baby tree, I fail miserably. I think it's the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is harder than it should be! But if you want a quick solution, you can always turn to Etsy:

    http://www.etsy.com/search?q=bottlebrush%20tree&view_type=gallery&ship_to=ZZ

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy having conversations with my readers. That means you! I always try to reply in the thread. Please check the "Notify Me" box if you want to see my responses.

Thanks for taking the time to say hi!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...