25.1.13

A Week in the Life: 4/52

Untitled
» Bright and early on a Saturday morning. We had every intention of going to the beach. But errands beckoned. (A certain little girl is turning 2 soon and we stopped at the party store to get balloons.)

Untitled
» A practice balloon. You can't expect a toddler to leave the "bah-woon" store empty-handed! "Dis DJ Wock," she says, pointing to DJ Lance Rock.

Untitled
» They're landing, we're leaving.

Untitled
» Tunnel shots are an old favorite of mine. Alexa fell asleep in the car, so we took a cruise down PCH so she could get her nap in.

Untitled
» Alexa's first Chuck E. Cheese experience. She rode this ride forever.

Untitled
» Meanwhile, in Adultland.

Untitled
» Alexa helps Daddy put together our new elliptical machine. It is not electric, all resistance bands, which means it's double the work and effing hardcore. Just an FYI.

Untitled
» I have someone to break my shoes in for me now.

Untitled
» Morning coffee, email check and watching President Obama get inaugurated.

Untitled
» Raisin bagel with cream cheese. Nomnomnom.

Untitled
» Standard Alexa breakfast: scrambled eggs with spinach, toast, blueberries and raspberries.

Untitled
» And thus begins a rollicking round of Where Did the Attendant Park My Car?

Untitled
» She thinks the car key unlocks everything.

Untitled
» If the rain comes they run and hide their heads.

Untitled
» Thursday evening grocery stop. I call H to ask what creamer he wants. He doesn't answer. I get the milk, though, because we always need milk. As soon as we put milk in the fridge, we need more milk.

Untitled
» L.A. love note: I love your brightly painted, random restaurant murals.

Untitled
» Sara and I hit the $2 thrift sale, and even though I haven't been out hardcore thrifting in awhile, I quickly blend in, kicking my basket around on the ground and overfilling it like a pro.

Untitled
» Every time I check my cellphone Alexa requests, "Picture?" She then comes over to check my work. Little miss bossypants!

*This is a weekly project inspired by Shutterbean's My Everyday Life. Shot on iPhone this week because it was just too easy. See past weeks here.

5 comments:

  1. Love these family picture posts..!!! Alexa will 2 years old on Monday..!! Wow..the time goes by sooo fast..!! I sent her a card but it will not be there by Monday as it got mailed on Friday... Ba-Ba was slow on the draw getting this done....her B-Day sneaked-up on me so quickly. X's and O's...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember driving around aimlessly to let the kids get in a longer nap. Kinda miss it sometimes. And Bob the Builder used to be my son's favorite. Love this glimpse into your week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Susi. We were always midnight cruisers, H and I, so we do relish a little bit of time to drive around and chat. It's just that now it's at 2 p.m., not 2 a.m.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the rainy day shot- nice n moody. The thrift store pic made me think if the song Thriftshop- funny lyrics/vid.. 'Im gonna pop some tags- got $20 in my pocket'

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy having conversations with my readers. That means you! I always try to reply in the thread. Please check the "Notify Me" box if you want to see my responses.

Thanks for taking the time to say hi!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...