2.2.13

A Week in the Life: 5/52

Untitled
» For my baby's 2nd birthday, a strawberry layer cake with chocolate frosting in the center. Sprinkled with love, and, well, sprinkles.

Untitled
» Alexa helped me inflate more than 50 "ba-woons" for her party, by picking them out one by one and handing them to me. Then she took a nap and left the hard part to me: hanging them up. Note to self: washi tape is not reliable.

Untitled
» We dimmed the lights and sang the birthday song. Her eyes widened in awe. I wonder what she wished for.

Untitled
» Alexa loves her gifts. Thank you, everyone! Here, she gets a tickle out of Kermit the frog.

Untitled
» "C'mon, Mama! Let's go!" No, seriously, she says that (mimicking me).

Untitled
» The sunsets at work can be awesome, and I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Untitled
» My lunch is in an owl bag; her lunch is in an owl bag.

Untitled
» Brobee is trying to kill Kermit and Kermit's other frog friend. I heard Kermit's silent screams from across the room.

Untitled
» Sometimes -- very rarely, but sometimes -- we get a sliver of late afternoon sunlight in our condo.

Untitled
» I walk into her room after naptime with my DSLR and she says, "Camera. Picture?"

Untitled
» Combing her My Little Ponies, which are actually unicorns.

Untitled
» See?

Untitled
» She stacks them 12 blocks tall just to watch them fall. She chuckles with glee when she hears them hit the table. Then we count again: 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10.

Untitled
» That's it. No more room on Mama's lap.

Untitled
» Even though this was a new park for us, Alexa has no fear of the playground equipment anymore. She climbs and slides like a pro. Little big girl!

*This is a weekly project inspired by Shutterbean's My Everyday Life. Shot on iPhone and with my Olympus Evolt E-500. See past weeks here.

4 comments:

  1. Great recap of your week. Looks like Alexa had fun at her party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures..!! Alexa is growing up so fast..!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Susi. It was a nice, low-key affair. (Probably the last of those)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy having conversations with my readers. That means you! I always try to reply in the thread. Please check the "Notify Me" box if you want to see my responses.

Thanks for taking the time to say hi!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...