8.2.13

A Week in the Life: 6/52

Untitled
» Running from the paparazzi.

Untitled
» We started our Saturday morning with a task we had been putting off till the last second: the smog test. Our wait was surprisingly painless, and the car passed. High fives all around.

Untitled
» Some of my favorite times at the beach are those mild, overcast winter days. We could sit there for hours breathing the salt air.

Untitled
» "It's a boat," Alexa says. Meanwhile, H spots dolphins.

Untitled
» I take go off in search of shells and other curiosities.

Untitled
» Alexa entertains herself by giving us handfuls of sand over and over and over. If you do not pay attention, sand will end up going down your shirt. I speak from experience.

Untitled
» We pocketed a few tiny shells for Alexa's new collection.

Untitled
» Another good thing about an overcast day: A nearly empty beach!

Untitled
» See what I mean?

Untitled
» H swings Alexa around in circles, each circle getting closer to the water. They had to make a funny, dizzy run for it a few times.

Untitled
» Alexa has been reading books in jibberish, with pertinent words mixed in. She mimics my storytelling in certain moments, too. In this book, there is a line, "up, up, up to the spot where the honey was!" In her version, she says, "Upupup ....... honey!"

Untitled
» New flowers are in bloom constantly in SoCal. I never cease to be in awe of this.

Untitled
» I love that she requests "picture" sessions now. Makes it all the easier to capture her pure joy.

Untitled
» A late afternoon pick-me-up that turned into an up-till-3am mistake.

Untitled
» Our morning walk to the car, and the best sunlight!

Untitled
» This is what happens when we have to leave early and I'm forced to rush around.

Untitled
» Hot pink sunset.

Untitled
Untitled
» Best mail week! Thanks, Aunt Kristi, for the beautiful owl ornaments, and thanks, T-Mo, for the small book in a big box. My birthday isn't till Sunday and already I'm feeling the love.

Untitled
» Sometimes I'm really on top of it and prepare lunch/dinner at breakfast time.

Untitled
» Pink pants day!

Untitled
» A rainy morning calls for a hearty breakfast of toast, veggie sausage and eggs with spinach and peas.

Untitled
» Alexa and I made a valentine for H. On lined paper, because that's how we roll. We filled the page with crayon scribbles, then peeled off the tape to reveal the message. H loved it.

Untitled
» Short story behind this: I made peanut butter and jelly cookies. Long story: I dropped a Pyrex bowl full of hot butter, shattering the bowl and rendering the kitchen a buttery mess. After removing Alexa from harm's way, I got to work cleaning up my mess, only to comically slide on the butter and fall flat on my butt. Arms flailing, feet flying in the air, the whole shebang. Ha ... ha ... ha. The cookies are good.

*This is a weekly project inspired by Shutterbean's My Everyday Life. Shot solely on iPhone this week. See past weeks here.

2 comments:

  1. Love the owl ornaments! Happy Birthday!!!


    I've definitely fallen in the kitchen due to slipperly Pam spray that made it on the floor instead of my pan. Argh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so stubborn to clean up, too. Took me three passes!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy having conversations with my readers. That means you! I always try to reply in the thread. Please check the "Notify Me" box if you want to see my responses.

Thanks for taking the time to say hi!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...