25.3.13

Would you ever go to Iceland?

My friend Annie recently took a trip to Reykjavik, a destination far-removed from what I'd usually yearn for (i.e. beaches and tropics and Greece) so I wasn't sure it would be for me. I mean, it's cold, right? And scarcely populated. I think there are fewer people in the entire country than there are in my hometown of Wichita, Kan.

But she mentioned the hot springs. And the northern lights. And Skogafoss.

And a text with this picture and the words "MAGICAL HORSES!"

Untitled

OK, she got me. I have a huge case of wanderlust for Iceland now. Every photo she sent me looked like an album cover. For Of Monsters and Men, maybe.

Untitled

Untitled

When she returned, she brought the most amazing candy. It tasted like chocolate-covered Fruit Loops. I'd go to Iceland right now just to try all the candy.

The seafood and coffee are spectacular, as well. And there is free wifi everywhere, which is important when you need to text your friends gorgeous photos to make them jealous. It worked, Annie. Boy, did it work.

I should warn you that she got snowed in one day. But live music at the cozy hotel bar doesn't sound too shabby to me.

Have I sold you on it, too? Would you go to Iceland? Why or why not?

9 comments:

  1. Usually I prefer sand, sun & surf...but I am becoming more nomadic in my old age and I would certainly entertain a visit to this beautiful part of the world. Thanks for sharing your friends pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to go to Iceland! It looks so cool - pardon the pun - and I love those little horses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the horses, too! I think living in one of those cute colorful houses would be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Supposedly Iceland is lush and temperate in the summer. Annie said that the main highway (there's really only one) is like a slow-moving circus of cars touring the country.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would definitely go to see it if I had the chance. Hubby has a good friend who grew up there and the stories he tells are awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seems like the perfect place to unwind, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. My uncle went to Iceland a few years ago & really liked it too! It certainly wouldn't be at the top of my list though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everyone who goes seems to love it. They must treat the tourists super nice.

    Iceland is definitely on my bucket list now. I would love to go far enough north to see the aurora borealis someday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would go for sure. It's a really cool place, with a very interesting language.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy having conversations with my readers. That means you! I always try to reply in the thread. Please check the "Notify Me" box if you want to see my responses.

Thanks for taking the time to say hi!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...