12.5.13

A Week in the Life: 19/52

I've been around even less than usual lately. Between adjusting to a new work schedule and dealing with a sick toddler (and then a sick me, and now a sick me and H), it's just been a busy few months around here. I hope my weekly photo roundups have painted some picture of what we've been up to, but it doesn't make up for real writing, I know.

Hopefully soon the energy/strength/muse/whathaveyou will come back and you will all be dazzled by my wit and mirth!

Until then ... here's what happened last week.

Untitled
» We took a scenic drive from Newport Beach south down PCH, where we spied a gorgeous little beach in the Crystal Cove state park. We were not dressed for the beach whatsoever, but when the beach beckons, you answer.

Untitled
» Even if you're wearing jeans.

Untitled
» Our starfish are taking over. Watch out.

Untitled
» A family sitting near us also had a toddler named Alexa. Name twins. This was their handiwork.

Untitled
» A more perfect SoCal day? I think not. I got my toes (and jeans) wet.

Untitled
» People were even flying their kites.

Untitled
» Alexa was happy to play in the sand (as far away from the water as possible).

Untitled
» While H just wished for his swim shorts so he could catch a delicious wave.

Untitled
» Watching home movies. There's one of H swinging Alexa around in circles at the beach that always gets laughs out of Alexa. She will watch it over and over again.

Untitled
» It rained for a few days. I had to turn on my wipers. (Insert sad face here)

Untitled
» Then it didn't.

Untitled
» I went to a screening of "The Great Gatsby" at the Academy, where I was scolded for being a tourist with my iPhone. Nothing wrong with being a tourist where you live, people. Channel Beastie Boys here: You gotta fight! For your right! To document your life!

Untitled
» Coffee break at a new locale. Verdict: Yay on the coffee, nay on the ambiance.

Untitled
» I'm not sure where exactly this ranks on my list of favorite sunsets, but it's pretty damn high.

Untitled
» Lack of passion is fatal.

Untitled
» The jacarandas are in bloom! My favorite part of spring in L.A.

*This is a weekly project inspired by Shutterbean. Shot on Olympus DSLR and iPhone this week. See past weeks here.

2 comments:

  1. Love Jacarandas- here in W. Australia, they mark the end of spring/beginning of summer, in November. Nice beach shots- esp. the wave- crystal clear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Angela! I would love to visit Australia in November -- then I would get to see the jacarandas bloom twice in a year.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy having conversations with my readers. That means you! I always try to reply in the thread. Please check the "Notify Me" box if you want to see my responses.

Thanks for taking the time to say hi!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...