23.6.13

A Week in the Life: 25/52

Here's what our past week looked like:

Untitled
» I finally wiped the dust off my DSLR and took it out for a day.

Untitled
» We explored a beach in our own backyard. It even has a great toddler playground.

Untitled
» And, seriously, look at this cove! You have to climb down the rocks, but it's totally worth it, especially if you wear sensible footwear unlike me (ahem, Havaianas).

Untitled
» This place is perfect for tidepools, too. I can't wait to go back and explore them more during low tide.

Untitled
» As soon as our toes hit the sand, the clouds parted and the sun fried us. By us I mean me. H and Alexa did a better job with sunscreen.

Untitled
» We played Frisbee.

Untitled
» Thai tea shaved ice with strawberries and bananas.

Untitled
» She curled up and watched "Pin-cess Pea" (of Super Why fame) on the Kindle.

Untitled
» On Father's Day our gift to Daddy was peace and quiet. We met up with Sara and went to the mall, where Alexa spied the fountains. Five minutes later, she was drenched.

Untitled
» First time riding the horsies at the supermarket. The first two times around, she had a huge grin on her face. Then, utter disappointment set in. Hey, kid, I warned you it wasn't a real horsie.

Untitled
» Pizza, beer and lots of laughs with a bonne amie. This pizza was pretty freaking fantastic, if you ever find yourself in Long Beach.

Untitled
» Self-portrait by a 2-year-old.

Untitled
» PARKED on the Harbor Freeway.

Untitled
» If I never see this puzzle again it will be too soon. Ah, how she loves it, though.

Untitled
» Minion over Los Angeles.

*This is a weekly project inspired by Shutterbean. Shot on iPhone and my Olympus Evolt E-500 this week. See past weeks here.

6 comments:

  1. Where's the pizza joint in LB? I'll have to tag it for next time we're out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's called Simmzy's, in Belmont Shore. Parking can be a drag, but it's right in the thick of it and is a really fun dinner/drinks spot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I look at this highlights reel, yes, it does seem that way. There were challenges, too. Those just weren't photo-worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos! That beach looks amazing and so does that shaved ice. The Minion photo makes me laugh! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should probably be aware that whoever was driving the minion blimp was hightailing it. I've never seen a blimp move that fast.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy having conversations with my readers. That means you! I always try to reply in the thread. Please check the "Notify Me" box if you want to see my responses.

Thanks for taking the time to say hi!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...