28.6.13

A Week in the Life: 26/52

Here we are, halfway through the year.

I am happy to have kept this up. It's easier to maintain than the 365 Days photo project, but there is some monotony involved in taking photos every day when you do roughly the same thing five days out of the seven. Right now my biggest challenge is composition, and trying to put a new spin on old material. The solution is out there, and hopefully you'll see it when I find it.

The good news is that I have shaved my photo editing process down from 2.5 hours to 30 minutes. This project has helped me establish a style, something I've been meaning to do for a long time.

Here's what our past week looked like:

Untitled
» The fortune cookie company did not invest in variation.

Untitled
» Thrifting with Sara during the $2 sale.

Untitled
» Alexa and I built a Play-Doh beach, complete with our own rainbow (overturning of Prop. 8 a few days later, yay!).

Untitled
» Tuckered out.

Untitled
» Playing at the park that overlooks the beach.

Untitled
» Grumpy McGrumpster turned her mood upside down by channeling her inner Pollock.

Untitled
» Unreal clouds in the sky after a late-afternoon grocery run.

Untitled
» Rooftop bar for happy hour with colleagues.

Untitled
» Margarita time!

Untitled
» I'm not in the habit of taking powder room photos, but those mirrors. I mean, c'mon.

Untitled
» Wall art.

Untitled
» The view from our company retreat. Too pretty to resist a post-lunch walk.

Untitled
» Look here, Santa Monica.

Untitled
» I took this paparazzi shot of Alexa feeding her baby doll. She was very quiet and intense about it.

Untitled
» "Daddy, what are you dooning?" Repeat question x 100. (Answer: Washing the screen door.)

Untitled
» Somebody spilled some paint.

Untitled
» She has an opinion on her clothes and shoes now.

Untitled
» Don't come here for bread. Come here for furniture.

Untitled
» And lunch. Father's Office burger for the win.

Untitled
» Waze took me a different route to the freeway tonight. It was faster, I admit it. Only problem? Once on the freeway, it wanted me to take the express lane (I do not have a pass). Not cool, Waze.

*This is a weekly project inspired by Shutterbean. Shot on iPhone this week. See past weeks here.

2 comments:

  1. I'm still laughing over the fact we got the same fortune. Guess we were meant to be friends! LOL! I picked up a brand-new, still-in-the-wrapping wood puzzle for Alexa today at the thrift. 95 cents, and it's all 50 states! I also just finished "Wool," so I have that to pass on to you as well. I believe you'll enjoy it - another Dystopian lit, this time for adults!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! New toys for Alexa AND me? You are the bestestest.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy having conversations with my readers. That means you! I always try to reply in the thread. Please check the "Notify Me" box if you want to see my responses.

Thanks for taking the time to say hi!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...