22.9.13

A Week in the Life: 38/52

Here's what we've been up to the past week:

Untitled
» Sometimes the toddler tornado gets so fierce that I want to bag up all of Alexa's toys and throw them out the window, but then I see her color-coordinate her "passengers" on "airplanes" and I have a (temporary) change of heart.

Untitled
» Coffee Bean thinks it's fall. I'm skeptical.

Untitled
» Chocolate/coffee break.

Untitled
» There's nothing like a fresh haircut to make you feel like a million bucks.

Untitled
» It's not even October, people.

Untitled
» The ultimate thrift experience: several children's books = $2.50. And! "Ramona the Brave"! Oh, and this may or may not be my second copy of "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie."

Untitled
» Grocery stores think it's fall. I'm skeptical.

Untitled
» We went for a quick stroll on the peninsula, and holding hands was a must. The drop-off is severe and deadly. H and I were aghast to see a small child's footprint on the very edge. It made my stomach flip-flop.

Untitled
» Alexa lights up when she sees the ocean.

Untitled
Untitled
» That dramatic marine layer covering the setting sun = wowza.

Untitled
» The most random leaf thinks it's fall. OK, maybe it is a little.

But ...

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
» It was still hot enough to do this. Alexa led me by the hand to the water and said, "Mama, come play." That is the short story of how my clothes got soaked.

Untitled
» I see ivy.

Untitled
» One of the more dramatic work sunsets I've seen in awhile. Takes away a little of the sting of it getting dark much earlier.

Untitled
» There's always something fresh and green growing in our Ewok Village.

Untitled
» As opposed to introverted mail.

Untitled
» iOS7, how I love thee. Let me count the ways. (1) Bokeh, on purpose!

Untitled
» (2) Clear, sharper image, even in low light.

I brought home copies of the magazine I work for, and Alexa grabbed them, sat on the ground and pointed next to her. "Mama, let's read!" She studied those magazines and photos in such a way that made me beam with pride.

Untitled
» (3) Better saturated color, less editing.

Untitled
» (4) Continuous shooting mode! Helpful so I could get up close and person with our little friend here.

Untitled
» My sad desk salad. (On the down-low, it was actually very happy.)

*This is a weekly project inspired by Shutterbean. Shot on iPhone this week. See past weeks here.

2 comments:

  1. This cracked me up! I can't be in denial about fall because it's been effing cold here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to sound like I'm bragging when I say this — and I kinda am — but I never break out my winter coat here. So I guess I should just shut my trap about it being hot right now!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy having conversations with my readers. That means you! I always try to reply in the thread. Please check the "Notify Me" box if you want to see my responses.

Thanks for taking the time to say hi!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...