13.10.13

A Week in the Life: 41/52

Is it just me or are these weeks flying by? The last quarter of the year always seems to go like that for me. First it's Halloween, then Thanksgiving, then Christmas and before I know it I'm looking at an old calendar and wondering what year it is.

Because here it is, a Sunday night of a weekend that passed by in a blur of recipe experiments, fall wardrobe hunting and Halloween costume planning. Grocery shopping, house cleaning, toddler appeasing. Future dreaming, photo correcting, book reading. Whew. You'll see none of that in this round-up, though, because Week 41 ended on Friday!

This is what our past week looked like:

Untitled
» Saturday morning cuddles and watching a cartoon on the Kindle.

Untitled
» Swinging at the park. We left shortly afterward because it. was. hot. And I do mean H.O.T. (periods for emphasis).

Untitled
» The car clocked 97 degrees, so we just had to get froyo to get out of the sun. Pumpkin froyo, though, because it's supposedly autumn.

Untitled
» Color-coordinated mess.

Untitled
» After browsing Pinterest, I had the uncontrollable urge to bake an apple cake.

Untitled
» Alexa sat with her baby doll and whispered to her for 15 minutes. They must've been sharing some wild secrets.

Untitled
» What on earth is this enormous bug on my side mirror?

Untitled
» H had the urge to make a million kinds of agua fresca. He started with honeydew, cucumber, mint and lime.

Untitled
» He also made strawberry-watermelon-pineapple. Both were amazing.

Untitled
» Meanwhile, I made another cauliflower pizza and we had dinner on our hands.

Untitled
» At work, I cleaned up my library, minus a few editions that went missing from the newsroom. There's something satisfying about an organized library.

Untitled
» Still looking for hints of fall.

Untitled
» It's really hard to say no to a cupcake from Sprinkles.

Untitled
» Alexa arrived at daycare to find her BFF and the other toddler playing outside. She was so thrilled.

Untitled
» They all hugged one another, then got on various vehicles and rode around.

Untitled
» I do not have the right to show you all their little faces, but take it from the look in Alexa's eyes here: Having two friends her age to play with is the best! Lately it's been her and a bunch of babies. She loves babies, but nothing matches peer play.

Untitled
» RAIN! H20 BABY.

Untitled
» Good lighting, gratuitous selfie.

Untitled
» Alexa was feeling under the weather. Nothing pumpkin chocolate chip cookies couldn't cure. She kept asking for more "pancakes." They were fluffy like pancakes, so I getcha, kid. I can't for the life of me find the recipe I used, but I butchered it anyway, using flaxseed meal instead of eggs and half wheat flour instead of white because I ran out of both ingredients. The point? You can get away with a lot in baking, and your kid and husband will still eat the cookies and LOVE THEM.

Next time, I think I will bake these and try to stick with the recipe because it looks like Janssen nailed it.

Untitled
» Because we really need another important piece of technology to hide in our house.

*This is a weekly project inspired by Shutterbean. Shot on iPhone this week. See past weeks here.

4 comments:

  1. I would be happy to simply stare at a light sweater without sweating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great snapshots of your week. Love the controller - my boy would flip for that one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. It was one of those point-and-click and hope-for-the-best shots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's definitely a boy thing. I'm shaking my head and sighing about it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy having conversations with my readers. That means you! I always try to reply in the thread. Please check the "Notify Me" box if you want to see my responses.

Thanks for taking the time to say hi!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...